- Encourage your child to learn the rules and compete within them.
- Discourage unfair competition and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in orienteering.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performance of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials' judgements
- Support your child's involvement and help them enjoy their orienteering.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
Last updated 21st September 2011